Saturday, January 6, 2007

Travel is a Great Way to Learn


I found a fun site where you can make a map showing the states and countries you have visited. http://douweosinga.com/projects/visitedstates As I have said, travel is a really important part of my life. My family says that I am part gypsy. I love to go to new places. My favorite places are the places with cultures far different from mine. (Exotic) When I look at the map of the World, I see that I have only been to 14% of the world's countries. That is 33 countries. This is far more than most people, but it just shows me that I still have lots of going and learning to do. Most of the countries I have visited have been in the developing world. This is where my heart is. I think that it is important for me to share with others about people I have met and things I have seen around the world. I want to open the world up for my students.

No comments: