Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Discovery Educator's Network

This summer I discovered the Discovery Educator's Network. I applied to be a STAR member and this has been a wonderful learning community ever since. It is great to be a part of a network of teachers across the country and even the world who are on the cutting edge of what it takes to engage students in learning. This has truly been one of my main classrooms this year. I go to the DEN daily to look for posts, ask questions and participate in activities that help me to grow as an educator. It has been great for my students because they have gotten the benefit of all that I have learned. At NCCE I had the opportunity to meet up with others in the DEN and go to a workshops led by people in the DEN. This summer I will have the opportunity to go to Berkley to The Discovery Educator's Summer Institute. Very exciting.

No comments: