Wednesday, January 24, 2007

How to Draw a Horse

Yesterday I got to go to an art class at MoNA. The instructor showed us how to draw a horse. We started off with basic shapes and we had to figure out the proportions of the horse by measuring with our pencil. We kind of put it together like tinker toys. We then added details. The last part was adding shading. The shading made the horse look 3D. If you do it right, you can see the strong muscles. I first drew a horses head. It looked more like my dog Roswell. Then I drew a full size horse. Except I didn't start in the right place so I didn't have enough room to make the legs the right length. I then drew another horse. It looked pretty good, but the body was a little too long. So, I tried one more time and shortened the body. I was pretty happy with my horse. And to think, it started off looking a lot like tinker toys.

No comments: