Friday, December 22, 2006

Today is a Great Day to Learn Something New

Blogs are great. I love to share my thoughts in writing and this is a great way to do it. The problem is that there are about a million different ways to use a blog and even though I can theoretically host thousands of different blogs, I really don't have the time to do so. So, where do I go with this one? I'd love to have a family blog with news of what is going on in our life here in Mount Vernon. I envision lots of pictures of Roswell our dog, up to his never ending antics. I know I love to look at cute pictures of my puppy, but posting to the web might be a bit of overkill. Then there is the idea of writing as a teacher to other teachers. I have a couple of blogs for my students already. I have class blog which is really just a place to post our daily news. Not really that exciting, but a great place for parents to keep informed about what is going on in our class. (Which IS exciting.) I would love to have a more interactive site for my students to share their learning, thoughts and ideas. Hmmm... I envision podcasts, video, pictures, student artwork and student writing. I like this idea, but I could also do this and have to some extent on our class blog. I think that I will start this blog as a place to share new learning. This could be things I am learning, or things my students are learning or things I have learned, that I think others would be interested in learning. We will see where this goes. If it seems to seperate itself out into seperate blogs, then, thanks to blogger, that is what I will do. But, for now, this will just be a place to celebrate learning.

No comments: